how do i promote onelove at church?
Make sure you have signed up as a Group Leader and have received your Group Leader Pack.
- Once you sign up as a Group Leader, a Group Leader Pack will be sent out to you.
- Contact your minister and ask to make an announcement about OneLove during church.
- Ask if you can promote OneLove in your church’s weekly bulletin, email or website.
- Remember testimonials and recommendations are powerful! If someone at church attended OneLove previously, ask them to come onstage with you.
- Pass the CD to your AV/Tech person at church to screen the promo video before your announcement or to display the powerpoint slide during your announcement.
- Remember to list your name as the OneLove contact for your church.
Here are some bullet points about OneLove to help you with your announcement:
OneLove is a one-day women’s event in Sydney. It will be held at Sydney Olympic Park on Saturday 9 September 2017. The event will feature excellent Bible teaching, uplifting worship in song, inspirational testimonies, delicious food and fantastic fellowship.
Mary Wilson, Associate Director for Women's Initiatives for the Gospel Coalition & Ray Galea, Senior Minister at St Albans Anglican Church Rooty Hill (operating under the name MBM (Multicultural Bible Mission) Rooty Hill).
Early Bird tickets are available until end of June for $89 (prices will rise after this).
If our church gets a group of 10 or more, we will receive 1 free ticket. This free ticket can be used to bless someone who is a new Christian at church, or someone who may not be able to afford a ticket otherwise.
This event is for women of all ages, from 16 onwards! This event is for women from all stages of life – whether you are a student or a grandmother, a long time Christian, or still seeking answers about Jesus.
what is expected of a group leader?
Every Group Leader does things differently but to ensure that church groups get the most out of the conference, here are some expectations that KCC has for your role:
- Act as the point of contact for your church. At the very minimum, be available on email and mobile.
- Be committed to promoting OneLove in your church and encouraging as many women to attend as possible.
- Collate registrations for your church and process them online. If you need help with registering your group, please don't hesitate to contact the OneLove Groups Concierge Team on 1300 737 140.
Please Note: The group discount only applies if you process ten tickets in ONE transaction.
- Help distribute tickets to individual members of your group.
- Provide ongoing feedback for the group’s process.
onelove group leader's checklist
To give you some ideas of how you can serve your church as the Group Leader, we’ve put together a checklist that you can follow throughout the year.
6 MONTHS OUT
- Liaise with church staff and save the date in the church calendar.
- Mark the dates of when ticket prices will change. Make sure you book early to save!
4 MONTHS OUT
- Promote the conference using the resources provided by KCC. Here are some ideas to do this:
- Do announcements at church, in your small groups and women’s groups.
- Organise a women’s event where you can listen to the OneLove 2016 talks which are available on the KCC mobile app.
- Include flyers and a note about OneLove in the church bulletin.
- Share about OneLove on social media using the hash tag #OneLove17
- If you have registered a group, make sure your group member’s details are sent to KCC. Click here to learn how to do this!
2 MONTHS OUT
- Keep promoting OneLove at church to see if any women would like to join your group.
1 MONTH OUT
- Tickets will be posted to you from KCC. Hand these passes out to women in your group.
- Send a reminder email to your group members that includes the OneLove date, session start/finish times, a map and program for the day.
- Finalise transport and car-pools to/from the conference.
- Contact the KCC office to request disabled parking permits and let us know of any special diets.
UP TILL THE START OF ONELOVE
- Keep promoting OneLove at church - lots of people tend to join at the last minute!
- Purchase any last minute tickets for anyone who wants to join your group. These tickets can be picked up from the Groups Concierge Desk at OneLove.
Have we missed anything? Contact the Groups Concierge Team and we can add your item to the list!
“I was challenged by Nancy's repeated phrase: Be transformed by the Word, rather than being conformed to the world.”
OneLove 2016 delegate